UTD Meeting for ETO Schools Regarding School Improvement Grant
Dear Union Members and Stewards in ETO schools:
Please plan to attend a very important meeting on Wednesday, March 28 at 5:00 p.m., at Miami Edison Middle School, 6101 NW 2nd Avenue, Miami (Pizza will be served at 4:30). If you are unable to attend, please be sure that members of your staff are present as we will be brainstorming ideas to comply with the School Improvement Grant (SIG) for the 2012-13 school year. Bargaining the implementation of this grant will begin in April and we need your input.
Come to the meeting prepared to discuss and share ideas regarding:
- What's working, what's not.
- Recommendations for items to be added, deleted, or modified in the current Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- How we might "Increase learning time using a longer school day, week or year". (NOTE: Extended learning time is a requirement for participation in the SIG next year).
- Options could include:
- Instruction in core subject areas
- Instruction in other subjects and enrichment activities
- Teachers to collaborate, plan and engage in PD within and across grades and subjects
- Not participate at all
Stewards and UTD members should discuss SIG at your school in advance of March 28th so that you can bring ideas and suggestions to the meeting.